Thursday 7 March 2013

Short review: Big Fat Gypsy Gangster

Director: Ricky Grover
(2011)

I'm still not quite sure what inspired me to watch a film called Big Fat Gypsy Gangster. I think I was hoping to watch a film so bad its good, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. A sort of mockumentary, an American film crew follows a recently released British gangster called Bulla. The film initially focuses on his attempt to regain his empire, but loses focus and goes on about mystics and dwarf fighting arenas. The acting is weak despite some decent names, destroyed by a dire script that's light on actual laughs. After a funny opening 5 minutes, the film resorts to cock gags and racial profiling, both of which aren’t funny in the slightest. It even fails as a mockumentary, ignoring its genres rules: it’s not even shot correctly. From directing to editing, Big Fat Gypsy Gangster is an abysmal film.




1

No comments:

Post a Comment